Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daily Manna

"You keep us waiting.
You, the God of all time,
want us to wait,
for the right time in which to discover
who we are, where we must go,
who will be with us, and what we must do.
So thank you... for the waiting time."

For the past few weeks, I've been battling the Lord and his plans for my life. You see, I've been bent on how I think my life should be or where I think I should be during this time. The Lord quickly quiets my soul, only to show me the state of my heart. You see I began to think this walk was just about me only and forgot that he is molding me to be a reflection of him. With this said, I realized that there is a constant battle in my mind that usually manifests itself into the physical realm. The old me "measured my life up to the world's view and standard of where I should be at 26". I should have a Masters Degree, rising to the top of the Corporate world, married, living in a big house, possibly one or two kids, living happily ever after. The only problem with this is rarely does this happen and rarely does the Lord take us this route for it gives little room for dependancy on God, sharing his love with the world and allowing his glory to be seen among men.

The Lord has us right where he wants us. I've been reading Exodus with the story of the Israelites, and several times, it said that the Lord tested them, tested their hearts. You see he would give them daily manna and instructed them to go out at a particilar time and not to hold on to any of the bread once they're done. Some didnt listen and what end up happening is, the bread would spoil and be filled with maggots. He explained that on the 7th day, he wanted them to rest and they needed to obtain more bread on the 6th day to cover them for the 7th day. Interesting enough, if magots wasnt enough to show them that the Lord is serious, they still went out on the 7th day for more. (Greed) Quickly I realized that this was a representation of our lives in the world. We want more, we desire more and we rarely want to seek God for daily manna. The sad part is, I realized that I was depending on yesterdays mannato get me through today, only to be filled with magots (Regret Frustration Anger Exhuastion, etc.). We need to daily put God first in our lives, asking him to be our daily portions. (Read Exodus 16)

(Romans 12: 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will)

I began to start my day with a prayer that simply says, Lord I choose you first this day, I present myself to you mind body and spirit and I raise these empty hands father and ask that you will fill it with your daily manna, be my daily portion this day and God I thank you for your faithfulness in covering me and my family yesterday and give thanks for a new opportunity to share your love and experience you in a new way. Lead me in the paths that you've ordained, for your servant is willingly listening and ready to serve you.

You must imagine that once I started this prayer my day was filled with delight. Wrong! Many days, I've experienced a lot of upsets after this. You see the Lord was pruning me, cutting off the filth and getting rid of the wrong attitudes, mindsets, and motives, so that he can use me. Even though I was experiencing pruning, there were many days, the Lord surprised me tremendously and things that I was working so hard to get, the Lord gave them to me with ease.

So today, I beckon you, to ask the Lord to show you the state of your heart, seek the Lord as your daily portion as he is ready to take you on a journey to the promise land, that you would learn to hear and recognize his voice, he wants to be your Great Shepherd, leading you near the streams of living water and when he leads you into the valley, he wants you to stand in faith,declaring yea though I walk through the valley of shadow of the death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

I pray a special blessing on the reader this day, that You God will show them that you have their best in mind, if they would learn to trust you, hear your voice and follow your leading. Bless them Lord that they may come to know your love in new ways. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

Be blessed. Read Exodus 16- Gives the story of Daily Manna.

No comments:

Post a Comment