Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

You alone are my Hope

Nothing in this world matters but GOD. I love to sit and hear from God and hear what it is that he has to say. My life is really busy and I can run from here and there and then I get to a place of emptyness and dryness and really its because I've been running on my own strength, tapped out from the source. You see I have many stories to tell of how life tripped me up ,knocked me down, but I've finally come to the point where Im rest assured fully that Jesus is our only hope.

When the world wants to shove you down, tell you lies, he says rest in me, rest in my wisdom, rest in my plan. Often times, we realize his grace is sufficient but we are not willing to sit in his presence and wait on God. How many of you can really say that you've sat and just said nothing, didnt tell God what was wrong, or ask him for anything, you just sat at his feet and said, Papa, I want to be with you. I tell you what, sitting in his presence alone, refreshes me, restores me, I've gotten to the place, where nothing else matters, I just want to be with our DAD.

You see its in his presence, there is fullness of joy, there is peace, there is contentment that you cannot get from a career, a spouse, church, friends, or whatever idols we try to conjure up.
 Jeremiah 2:13
“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
You see the cisterns we're running to are broken, people are broken, careers will fail you, church may even fail you but our GOD never fails, He says come to me ye who are thirsty and I will make you drink and you will never thirst again. Im reminded of the women at the well, she was thirsty for something that she couldnt even begin to explain and so she obviously started running to men (broken cistern) and that didnt work but when she met with the Savior he gave her living water. Lets revisit this story.
John 4:9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])
 10 Jesus answered her, If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
 11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
 13 Jesus answered, Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
 15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

Today, lets ask the father to give us a thirst, desire and yearning for more of him. Sit in his presence and ask him for his living water so that you wont get thirsty and have to keep running to broken cisterns, that you would run to your father that loves you dearly. Come ye who are thirsty, and I will give you my living water that never runs dry.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment