Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings!

First I want to thank all of you that faithfully read my blogs.

Over the past few weeks as I travelled back home to a place of familiarity the Lord showed me so many things,but most of all I ended the year recognizing that God is in control and I can rest assured that as I lay down all of my life to him, he will lead me by the streams of living water and Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no reason to fear evil, for thou art with me.

One of the greatest lessons I can think of before going into the new year is the story of Sarah. You see God had promised Sarah a child and years passed and still there was no child. She didnt want to wait on God and took matter into her own hands and even ask her husband (which seems insane) to be with Hanna. (How many of us last year took matters into our own hands?) As a result, Hanna bore  a son, Sarah despised both Hanna and the child. What seemed like a temporal solution brought pain and disgrace only to learn that God eventually blessed her with a child. She only had to believed and just wait patiently on God. (Im also reminded David was annointed at the age of 12 to be King but became King at the age of 33, which tells me God really loves preparation and he allows us to go through the process in order to be able to operate fully in him in our appointed destinations)

As we go into this new year, let us becareful to not create our own plans. Recognizing that Gods plans are always eternal and our human thinking will only lead to disgrace and pain. My prayer for all of us this year is that we will surrender every area of our lives, career, finances, parenting, friendships, schedules, what we wear, what we cook, etc. I mean giving it all to the master. You see when we let go of our plans and stop looking back, only then can we turn around look ahead and see what God has for us. Dont miss out on God in this season of your life because you were too impatient.

May we grow in the fruit of patience and self control this year and May the God of peace that surpassess all understanding grant us favor daily.

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowled him and he will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5

I love you guys...God has great things in store for us spiritually this year! Lets embrace him and all his wonderous plans Jer 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment