Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am Papa, God- Let me Carry you!

So yesterday, I was so exhausted and I felt like I had got nothing done. It was like the more I did, the less I felt like anything major was being accomplished. On top of that the demands of a Mom was calling, demands of a Job were waiting for me, and I got home only to quickly rush out again because I had to go to church. Overwhelmed and exhausted, I felt restless, burdened and Im like whats going on? Its not suppose to feel like this. I quickly began meditating on Gods word, the joy of the Lord is my strength and oh boy that wasnt working either.

I get to church and the topic was Dont Give Up!, Galations 5:6. During this time, I felt like the Lord was saying to me, I am Papa God, not you. You see it hit me like a ton of bricks, (EPIPHANY), I was doing my life in my own strength. I was not laying down my life and asking God to live through me. I was trying to take God and fit him in, give me your strength but not giving him the room to work and be God in me.

I was talking to a friend who gave me a vision that really blessed me. Imagine yourself standing up and this 24 ft wave is coming at you, You're thinking Im going to die. Its coming down upon you and you faint in the process, Jesus comes behind you and hold you up. So when the wave subsides you're still standing up because Jesus is holding you up from behind.

I just felt like the Lord was saying to me, Come rest with me, I want to carry you. I want to take you from glory to glory but I was like a little Child, saying Im a big girl I can handle it. Lord know really Im a big girl, I dont need your help. Reminds me of my daughter, shes in the I can do it myself stage. Often times, Im trying to speed up the process or show her the best way of doing it and she continues making a mess of things all because she wants to show me she can do it. Im like I know you think you can baby, but let me do it for you. I just sense the Lord is saying, its okay, I dont need you to prove that you can do it, this is why I am here to live and be strong in you, Let me do it. Give it to me.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

God wants to give us rest. Lets  not resist his love this day. Amen!!!

Father I pray for the weary ones that are reading this. May they come to know your rest. Lord that it is by laying down ones life and leaning on you. Father help us to trust in you always and lean not unto our own understanding but in all our ways may we acknowledge that you are God and you are in control. So this day we give you our minds our souls our spirit and give you free room to have your way in us. We love you Father. Amen

Lets turn to papa God, Lift our hands up and say Carry us Daddy!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING! I'LL PRAY TODAY THAT MORE WOMAN COULD BE THE WAY YOU ARE RIGHT NOW!!!

    I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!

    ReplyDelete