Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Lamb of God

I opened up my devotional, Praying the Names of God and saw that todays devo was on the Lamb of God, I nearly screamed as yesterday I was teaching my kids in kids church about the Lamb of God. See yesterday so many thoughts about the lamb came up. My first thought was about about how unfortunate it was to live in old testament era that every time you sin you had to offer up a lamb for your sins and it wasnt just any old lamb you had to pick the best lamb to offer to God. They were plagued with so many many many rules and regulations, yet today we have it so freely but we dont use it often. You see repentance came about from Jesus who was the ultimate sacrifice. He was the son of God who willingly chose to lay down his life. Yesterday, I asked the kids why would you think God would send his only son, I mean why couldnt they continue just sacrificing animals? Ever thought about that?

I was reminded of 1 Peter 1: 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a 

You see we serve a holy God, one that is pure sinless and blameless and he can not be surrounded or in the presence of sin, its just our father's nature. Even the priests could not go into the temple unsancitifed but God, our father, so desperately wanted us to be in his presence that he wanted to do away with the long rituals, and gave us an opportunity to just say, three simple words, Im sorry God, that we may be able to enter in communion with him. You see the Lord, your Father, he desires you so much that it was worth it for him to send his son, to be the ultimate lamb so that he can take awat your sins, lay down his life, take your punishment so that you, we can walk in relationship with God, without him having to turn his back because of our sinful nature.

This humbles me that a Father would love me so much, that even before I was born, he had already planned the days that I would be in his presence and instead of having to prolong it, he would send his son, whom hed have to turn his back on while he was on the cross, dying and undeserving death, so that you and I can enter into his presence, boldy and with grace.

Today, let us not forget what a privlege it is to be with our father. Im sure the old testamenters would love to say to us, dont be like us, sitting in the wilderness wandering away, looking at idols, running away from God, when all God wanted, was for us to love him back. All our father wants from you and I is to repent, and love him back daily.

Father I pray today that you would forgive us for the times we took spending time with you for granted. Would you give us a burning desire to be with you. May we thirst and long after you more and more. Father Im reminded of a song that say As the deer panteth for the waters oh my soul, father our desperate and weary souls longeth after thee. Father you are all we want and desire and we invite you in today to come in and be with us. In Jesus Name I pray Amen.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment