Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Favor Rests upon you Do not be Afraid.

Its so funny how we can recite over and over Jer 29:11 but in the times we really need to believe and stand upon Gods promises, we are struck with fear. God would you really answer my prayer? If God says NO or Yes, would I be able to receive it? So many questions filled with much anxiety. So today as I reflected on the Christmas story and heard the message in church a few things struck out to me. You see on an ordinary day the Angel Gabriel appeared to the Shephards as they tended their flock and out of the clear blue sky God shows up. This tells me that God can show up anywhere even on our mundane activities at work. Not only that but the Shephards wanted to run away out of fear. Imagine Jesus shows up to you right now would you be struck with fear? I imagine I would be replaying all the negative things I've done and all the guilt I would begin to bear. Remember when God showed up to Isaiah he said God I am unclean, I am not worthy to be in your presence. So many times in the Bible when God shows up, people are afraid. You see as a natural tendency because of who we are as sinners we want to run away from God when he shows up.

But God, doesnt care about our performance or how afraid we are. He speaks and says Do not be afraid. You see Christ did not come to us, he came for us. He came so that he can redeem us, not by our works can we be saved, it is through the humility of a God that he decided to give his ONLY son  and all he asks is that we receive the gift. You see when we receive the gift Luke 2:14 the Angel declares, Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”  He came that he can give us peace and more importantly his favor. All he requires us to do is accept it. So today I say to you my friend that is reading this, That God favor rests upon you, Do not be afraid. Dont run from God, run into his arms for this loving father wants to manifest his favor in your life.

Once broken but now Redeemed only by his grace and accepting the gift of his son, Jesus Christ,

Latara
(Read Luke 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment