Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

God's giving little old me a choice...Really???

So its seems that this week the Lord is really speaking to me about my CHOICES! You see growing up I was taught that I just had to do certain things or be obedient or ELSE. So out of fear sometimes I chose to be obedient. Somehow I grew up transferring this fear on to God and being the fearful little girl that I was, it was hard for me to understand that God didnt want me to serve him out of ungodly fear but out of a choice to love him. I always wondered why God would allow us free will (the choice to choose him, I mean wouldnt it be just easier to make us chose him) and its really because he wants us to willingly CHOOSE Him. After all he has already handpicked us and call us his own. Hes just waiting for us to accept his gifts and choose HIM. (This humbles me as I think the Lord God King of All Kings is waiting for my acceptance to his invitation..gives me goosebumps)

However, Although Salvation is the greatest choice we can make, God doesnt just want us to stop there. He desires that we get up every morning choosing to present ourselves to him because we recognize his sovereignty and Lordship in our lives. Even Further, God wants us to choose to enter into his gates with thanksgiving and praise. Moreover, he wants us to choose life, i.e. to be joyful, happy, have peace, be loving, kind, compassionate and choose to operate in all the fruits of the spirit. If thats not hard enough, he even expects me to choose the thoughts I allow to enter and stay in my mind. The old me would think that this is impossible there is no way I can choose these things and be okay. Now that Im living this out, I realize that sometimes minute by minute, God gives us opportunities to CHOOSE Him instead of ourselves or our own selfish desires. You see when YOU willingly Choose God, you end up with the abundant life, filled with an internal joy receiving all the victories from the battles that you chose to allow God to fight for you.

  1. We have the power to choose what we focus on. Although this is hard, I know that this choosing develops character and self control and discipline, which is one of the fruits of the spirit. God said that if we seek ye first the kingdom of God all these things will be added unto us. (Matthew 6:33
    But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.)
Again Im reminded of Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
God is setting before you LIFE or DEATH, Blessings or Curses. He beckons us to CHOOSE LIFE, so that You and I and even OUR CHILDREN may LIVE! Which will you choose today?

I'm choosing LIFE!

God bless you my friends and may his abundant peace be with you today!

2 comments: