Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Why are You Crying???

I was in the car on my way to Barnes and Noble, and in the back seat of my car I heard Jayla (my four year old) whimpering. So I said, what's wrong? She yells at me, Im hungry! So my response was, then why are you crying?  You see the ideal thing would've been for her to just tell me she was hungry. The moment she realized that I passed our home and I wasnt going home to make her dinner,she started whimpering, but little did she know, I had other plans. I wanted to get dinner elsewhere (Mcdonalds, so that she can get the new toy watch that she wanted). So I said to her, why are you crying Jayla, use your words and tell me what you want, and she said Mom I want dinner and I thought, see how easy that was. You dont need to cry just ask for what you want because I may have other plans or even better plans.

That situation rang a bell in my spirit. Lord how many times I sit crying, frustrated, lonely, depressed, overwhelmed without really asking you for what I need in that moment. How often do we just cry thinking that God had counted us out, when he had other plans and if we just asked, he would've willingly told us, hold on, wait a minute, I have other plans, even better plans.

I was then reminded of John 14:13-14
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

and I must add to it what God said also in James4:3
 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

You see God wants us to seek him for his will and plans in our lives which is so much better than ours. So today let us stop whining, crying, feeling sorry for ourselves and begin to raise our hands to the father and say, Lord Im asking (insert whatever it is) but nevertheless, I want your will to be done, show me what your will is for me in this situation.

Remember James 1:5 promises
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
So Let the asking begin!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment